Heartwood ReSources depends on generous donations from the community to keep our retail store in operation. Household goods and usable building materials of all kinds are accepted. All donations are tax-deductible, and a tax receipt is available at our retail store.
Heartwood ReSources cannot accept items that are not suitable for resale. At times we may decline donations due to large inventories of the same item in our store. Donations can be dropped off at our retail store from 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Saturday.
Schedule a donation pick-up
Pick up is available for large donations at staff discretion. Fill out the form below to inquire about the service. For more information or to coordinate a commercial donation, please call 541-679-1777.
What Are the Benefits of Recycling Building Materials?
Glad you asked!
Recycling and reclaiming your deconstructed, salvaged, usable building materials is a good idea because:
- It keeps building costs low.
- It is good for the environment.
- Saves natural resources.
- It helps extend the life of our landfill.
- Donations are tax-deductible.
- It is the lifeblood of Heartwood ReSources.
Heartwood ReSources can help you save money!
On January 1, 2008, Douglas County Oregon imposed a Construction and Demolition (C&D) waste fee of $60 per ton for all materials not put in the recycle stream. So not only does recycling your building materials make environmental sense, it saves you money too!
You can help keep your construction and rehab costs low by segregating and diverting usable building materials to the recoverable waste stream. Contact Heartwood ReSources to find out how!
More information about our Donation Services
Acceptable Donation Items
Tubs – Sinks – Toilets
• Must be clean.
• No chips, cracks, severe strain or deep scratches.
• Toilets must be clean and complete; no broken parts.
• Odd colors accepted at staff discretion.
• Low flow 1.6 gallons per flush or less.
• Vintage sinks, toilets and claw foot tubs accepted in restorable condition.
Lumber and Trim
• Minimum length 4’ in usable condition. Shorter pieces sorted into firewood length.
• Lumber with nails accepted at staff discretion. Must be de-nailed enough for safe handling.
• Lumber with no infestations, dry rot, mold or excessive paint peeling.
• Plywood sheets-1/4 sheet and larger. Not warped, delaminated or have rotten edges.
• Hardware and tools.
• Sheet goods (half-sheets OK). No warped or moisture damaged pieces.
• Vinyl flooring.
• Floor and wall tile.
• Drapery hardware.
• Furnaces less than 5 years old, in working condition.
• Appliances less than 5 years old. Clean and in good working condition.
• Appliances accepted at the retail store at staff discretion.
• Wood stoves post 1986 and DEQ certified.
• Baseboard heaters (newer styles with radiant oil heat only).
• Double pane vinyl, wood, and aluminum windows with seals intact. Fogged/broken seals not accepted.
• Multi-pane wood frame windows.
• Fixed-pane windows over 25 sq. ft. at staff discretion.
• The container must have the manufacturer’s label.
• Paint must be liquid and containers at least 3/4 full.
• No rusty or leaking containers.
Wall and Floor Tile
• The tiles have to be complete and unused without any Mortar or Adhesive.
Paint Recycling Program
Heartwood has collected usable paint, both new and used, and resold paint at a very affordable price to the public for years.
We are now a collection point for the state-sponsored recycling program known as PaintCare. We can now take all architectural paint and paint products and either resell them or ship them to the appropriate recycling facilities.
This provides residents with an affordable and convenient system to dispose of unwanted paint leftovers.
Some things to keep in mind:
- We cannot take leaking cans.
- Commercial paints, like automotive and equipment paint, is not part of this program.
- Cans must have labels.
- We cannot take chemicals.
Have questions? Call Heartwood ReSources at 541-679-1777.
For more information on Oregon’s state-sponsored PaintCare program, go to the PaintCare website.
Heartwood ReSources is a subsidiary of NeighborWorks Umpqua (previously Umpqua Community Development Corp) and fulfills an environmental stewardship and economic development strategy designed to reduce the impact on the county’s landfill. At the same time, we provide low-cost building supplies to residents of Oregon, helping to keep home rehab and energy costs affordable for low and moderate income people, as well as a resource for professional builders, contractors, and craft enthusiasts.